How can I find books in the library?
Search the Library Catalog to find books, eBooks, and periodicals. You can search by
- Everything (this will search all fields)
- Periodical (Journal) Title
Once you click on a book's title, you'll see the following information:
- Call Number Record shows the basic information about the book, as well as the call number and whether the book is checked out.
- A Look Inside might show a summary, the table of contents, and/or reviews of the book.
- The Catalog Record provides all the details you will need to cite the book, plus the book's subject headings, which are clickable links and may give you ideas for other searches to try.
Books that are available to be checked out are located in the stacks (the bookshelves in the Quiet Study Area). Ask a librarian to point you in the right direction.
You can use the Advanced Search option in the library catalog if you want to do a more specific search. Click on Advanced Search under the search box in the catalog:
Using the advanced search, you can search by any combination ofkeyword, author, title, subject, series, periodical title, or ISBN. You also have the option to search by language, material type (such as book, e-book, video, etc.), shelving location (e.g. reserves, reference, media center), ESL reading level, and more.
You can also use the Boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT to narrow or broaden your search.